National Geographic has a list of 10 things which each and everyone of us can adapt and which will help in saving our oceans!You can read the deatiled list HERE A pictorial representation of the tips is below 🙂
1. Mind our Carbon Footprint and Reduce Energy Consumption
2. Make Sustainable Educated Seafood Choices
3. Use Fewer Plastic Products
4. Help keep Beaches Clean, the trash on the beach invariably makes it to the Ocean
5. Don’t purchase products that exploit Marine Life.
6. Be An Ocean Friendly Pet owner – choosing pet food and litter responsibly. Also being aware of what fish to buy for your aquarium.
7. Support Organizations Working to Protect the Ocean
8. Influence Change in Your Community. VOTE – GREEN
9. Travel the Ocean Responsibly
10. Educate Yourself About Oceans and Marine Life
All life on Earth is connected to the ocean and its inhabitants.
Check out this Video from the BBC about the threat faced by the shallow waters and the Coral Reefs: