Paper Instead Of Paint! Revamping Condos Using Wallpapers
Old worn walls or plain white walls can bring down the visual appeal of the condos. Installing wallpapers in the condo (ติด วอลเปเปอร์ คอน โด, which is the term in Thai) adds life to the rooms and gives the required personal touch.
People choose to wallpaper overpaints for the condos as it is easy to work with and it comes in different colors and patterns. There is no need to invest in additional wall hanging crafts as wallpapers provide the necessary flash to the walls.
Types of Wallpapers
There are quite a few numbers of wallpapers types available each for a different purpose
- Linear – It is made of fiberglass and is easy to apply on walls. This can be used to disguise and hide the defects in the wall.
- Printed – They come in different varieties of colors and best suited for living rooms and bedrooms.
- Vinyl – Vinyl wallpaper is highly durable and can be used in kitchens and bathrooms. The resin protects the paper from getting torn easily.
- Foil – This kind is used to give the walls a metallic effect. Modern condos with suitable lighting can install foil wallpapers.
- Flock – Flock wallpaper has a velvety texture and it’s made up of recycled wool. It is little on the expensive end and can be used to reproduce traditional luxurious designs.
Advantages of Installing Wallpapers
The advantages of installing wallpaper in the condos include:
- Wallpapers offer a wide variety of colors, fabrics, and patterns.
- Wallpapers are available at a minimal cost
- They enhance the aesthetic of the condo and serve as backdrops for the furniture
- Bare minimum maintenance is required for wallpapers. Just wiping them down with a cloth would suffice.
- Replacing wallpaper can be done easily in a few days.
- Wallpapers can be customized to suit the decor of the room.
Some condos have a rule against painting if you’re renting them. Living in a rented condo should not stop the artistic expression and wallpapers come in handy in such situations.
Many wallpaper types are washable and can last up to 15 years without any damage. Peel and stick wallpapers are available which will reduce the hassle of dealing with pastes.
Wallpapers with their intriguing designs, patterns, and textures can give a designer look to the condo. They offer multiple textures like embossed ink, pearl, grains, glitter, suede, and silk.
Installing wallpaper in the condo can protect the condos from fire. The wallpapers also provide the necessary soundproofing and reflect heat from the walls. This helps to maintain a cool temperature inside the condo.